Position Title - Assistant Controller - Finance, GE
The John F. Welch Technology Centre (JFWTC) in Bangalore is GE’s largest integrated multidisciplinary Research and Development Center, and the first to be located outside the US. Spread over a campus of 50 acres with 1 Million sq ft of office and lab space, it has over 4300 scientists, researchers and engineers helping redefine what is possible across key GE businesses of Energy, Transportation, Aviation, Healthcare etc.
The centre continues to add breadth and depth in key technology areas, and has contributed to developing a number of innovative technologies either as part of global teams or independently resulting in more than 950 patents being filed and more than 140 granted.
Assistant Controller - Finance
- Carry out Month close processes including financial reporting responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of Indian GAAP & US GAAP
- Work closely with the Tax Controller & ensure full compliance to all Finance, Direct Taxes, Indirect Taxes and other regulatory requirements
- Independently plan & manage all statutory, tax, internal and CAS audits
- Reconciling US GAAP Books with Indian GAAP Books at periodical intervals
- Monitor FX movement closely & work with the Global Teams to provide accurate information for cashflow forecasts & other budget forecasts.
- Provide inputs to Tax controller on a monthly/quarterly basis towards tax estimates & related reconciliation for FAS 109
- Closely monitor & review monthly accrual process for closing the books of accounts & proactively work with Finance Controller to provide accurate & timely inputs for closing the books of accounts
- Work with Finance Controller/Manager to carry out periodic assessment of internal controls/processes, identify areas for improvement & implement the changes to delivery greater value to customers
- A single point of contact for all accounts reconciliation, open items, S2G related items. Ensure follow up on aged items across Account balances.
- Prepare & lead the Monthly review of Dashboards including balance sheet review on Account balance movements across books.
- CA / ICWA with 5 to 7 years of experience.
- CA / ICWA Inter passed candidates with 8 to 10 years of experience may also apply.
- Experience in Oracle Financials or any other ERP system is must.
- Hands on experience on various accounting processes and other areas relating to Direct & Indirect taxes will be preferred.
- In addition to being a good team player the candidate should possess Strong controllership & Process Management skills, quick learning abilities, excellent communication skills and a strong quality orientation.
Please send across your CV to Isaac.firstname.lastname@example.org