A highly innovative internet enabled online consumer service business with proprietary technology from the best partners in the world. Part of an established ambitious Indian group (5000 employees) with global outlook and international presence. A one of its kind business in the world with well defined revenue streams. Targetting individual end consumers and institutions such as hotels, corporates initially in the western hemisphere, mainly in the US and Canada. Looking for an accomplished professional to head its sales and marketing function, to be headquartered in Delhi.
- Sales and marketing will both report to this position.
- Drive marketing strategy formulation and implementation including online, CRM and loyalty, business analytics, PR and social media to drive acquisition, usage, engagement & retention with focus on RoI.
- Define and drive brand vision, positioning of product with respect to market opportunity, with a strong emphasis on online marketing.
- Identify compelling consumer insights for developing brand communication and maintaining brand affinity.
- Strong emphasis on lead generation and closure through integrated and affordable brand marketing plans, which deliver increasing brand acceptance.
- Develop the overall sales plan and thereafter review and direct its implementation.
- Construct sales volumes through appropriate channels such as direct, reseller, online etc.
- Penetrate institutions with strong selling techniques and propositions. To put in processes and systems, best practices.
Qualifications & Personal characteristics
- MBA in marketing, with 14-18 years overall experience, in both sales and marketing, in leading companies, of which at least 6 should be in the internet/ e-commerce space (mandatory).
- Must have excellent and proven understanding of the consumer market in the western hemisphere, especially the US, by either having worked there or having travelled extensively to that region and successfully building an online branded business aimed at that region’s customers.
- Deep appreciation of both consumer behaviour and sales channels.
- Exposure to subscription based business useful.
- Proven ability to develop and successfully execute a vision/strategy based on solid market analysis/understanding, clear opportunity assessment, and effective execution skills.
- Ability to represent the company across various constituents and develop winning partnerships and alliances with potential partners.
- Outstanding leader with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to work with people from different backgrounds/experience levels.
- High energy and tenacity – this position though based in Delhi, will involve extensive international travel to key markets on a regular basis.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a hands on working style.
Remuneration: Extremely competitive, in line with the best in the market.
Please write in with CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Online Consumer Business - Director Sales & Marketing