Director Operations (Asset Management / Asset Servicing) for Pune Location.
At least 15 – 18 years of experience in Operations, Transitions with strong domain knowledge and expertise in area of Asset Management/Asset Servicing/ Finance operations.
Proven experience of leading large BU with excellent People Management skills.
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Qualified CA/MBA or Finance Graduate from a reputed university.
As part of the Executive team, Operations Director acts as Head of Operations for different lines of business (either 1 sector or 1-3 LOB’s of a major sector) operations.
He/She will be responsible to lead a BU with an overall team size of 800 – 1200 employees across various levels.
This person is expected to create strong ‘matrix’ partnerships with associated Operations Heads / Business Heads of various Lines of Businesses in the organisation across locations globally.
The Operations Director plays a key role in stabilizing new processes being migrated within the designated area and subsequent smooth running of the same. This includes setting up of performance metrics, regular monitoring of performance, ensuring controls are in place for every process, ensuring Risk Analysis is performed for every process, ensuring adequate training of resources including cross training takes place, establishing communication channels with various onshore teams and building relationships for long terms success of the processes.
The role also involves working closely with other functions within like HR, Finance, Transitions and Risk to ensure processes receive adequate support from each function as well as implementation of relevant CPPs in each work area. In this role, he/she is expected to ensure performance metrics are established for each process, regular meaningful performance reports are being produced and analysed leading to an action plan.
The Operations Director serves as a member of the India Senior Management team and has significant involvement in planning for broad issues affecting the business
- Develop Pune Operations as a Centre of Excellence
- Flawless execution of client SLAs, meeting of deadlines
- Development, collation and reporting on all KPI dashboards reporting.
- Responsible for Compliance and Audit obligations for processes located in Pune through extensive control and operations risk framework in line with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Attract, motivate, manage and develop a team of Service Delivery Leaders/ Operations Managers that are focused at all times on service delivery to internal clients as well as external clients serviced from India
- Ensure all Business Heads of LoBs are kept informed at all times of the developments in Pune.
- Production of various MIS reports for use by the senior management and LoB
- Developing and implementing tools to manage and improve Quality, Accuracy and Timeliness
- Ensure effective performance management for the team at all levels
- Initiate and assist in India strategic focus initiatives.
- Financial discipline around all aspects of relevant operations
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information to Senior Management.
- Comply with all corporate policies relevant to the functions managed including Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage any delegated budget in a manner that will best serve LOB’s best interests and provide the Finance Department with monthly tracking and projection information.
- Be aware of current regulatory and legal obligations of the function managed.
- Report any suspected breaches to the Compliance or Legal departments, as appropriate, immediately on discovery.
- Monitor, document and report business risks and internal controls of the function managed, alerting Senior Management immediately of any significant changes.
- Maintain and test a current and effective continuity plan to ensure an appropriate response to any disruption to systems, information services, communications and office facilities.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to teams managed.
- Set professional example to staff.
- Supports and encourage staff development, objective setting and appraisal.
- Ensure adequate succession plans are in place for the functions managed.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
LG-11, Somdutt Chambers-1,
5, Bhikaji Cama Place,