Position - Director of Marketing
Reports To - Partner(s) of the Firm
The responsibility of the marketing director is to lead the development and execution of complex and organisation-wide marketing, business development and communication strategies for a Law Firm.
They must work closely with each practice group to understand their business processes and offer strategic guidance. Responsibilities include developing marketing collateral materials, writing and editing marketing materials, for the firm and individual teams, recommending outreach strategies, maintaining the firm's website content, facilitating marketing training, assisting practice area leaders in the RFP process, performing market research, planning special events and assisting in seminar and conference preparation.
Duties and responsibilities also include but not limited to,
- Organize and implement events, help in preparing proposal/pitches, run client satisfaction surveys, other client development activities with corporates, Law Firms and International Law Firms.
- Supervise firmís proposal protocol process with prospective clients and participate in planning and presentation sessions, when assigned.
- Oversee business development activities including efforts through Business Development Team.
- Assisting lawyers in strategic planning for client presentations, coaching for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc. Work with other offices on designing and implementing prospecting and client contact systems.
- Develop and administer marketing database which includes client and prospect information, mailing list applications, access to financial reports, etc.
- Design and plan annual marketing plans, budgets and training sessions for Associates.
- Oversee firmís electronic marketing efforts including supervision of Web site design and maintenance.
Educational Background & Experience
- MBA from a reputed institute with a Concentration in Marketing, Business and Communications is preferred (Lawyer with an MBA in marketing is a plus). We need at least 7-10 years of professional marketing experience, with the bulk of it coming from management-level positions in the legal firms/professional services organisations/consulting organisations field.
- Background in legal marketing and knowledge of Elite Practice Development System a plus.
- Must be a strategic thinker and be able to work with different groups of people. To be successful in this type of position, the candidate must be able to stay highly positive, easily manage multiple priorities and be flexible in working out a customized marketing approach for each group in a firm.
Please send your resume to email@example.com