Director Development - Hands on in Java.
Director of Development
Hands on in Java,
The Director of Development will report to Head of Technology .
They will be responsible for the trading platform and execution algorithms that we deploy at various different client sites. This will mean understanding, enhancing and being responsible for the quality of the the following products:
- Cloe (Clustered Order Engine) platform that is used to deploy our algorithmic logic. This is a distributed container based system that includes market data adaptors and FIX servers. It includes such items as a sophisticated remote-invocation and work allocation framework. As such the candidate will need to be technically very proficient in understanding overall system design and architecture.
- Execution algorithms will need to be understood and enhanced through interactions with our research team. As an execution algorithm is a complex set of logic that typically pushes the boundaries of what is achievable on the current software and hardware stack, a flexible and imaginative approach is needed to ensure that research’s aim are executed into working code.
- Simulation Environment. We are currently in the process of deploying a sophisticated simulation environment that utilizes Hadoop and EC2 to simulate algorithmic behavior on Cloe in a 300+ machine cluster. As such, an understanding of Map-Reduce will be key.
- Client on-boarding and bespoke requirements. Our clients need to be on-boarded and their various needs served. This means FIX development as needed and providing various reports and processes as may be required.
- They will need to manage a team of currently approximately 10 developers in Chennai as well as hiring to increase this in size over the coming months.
- They will need to work within our current agile iteration process to delivery high quality code.
- They will need to be an effective communicator to be able to interact with remote teams members and clients to achieve a high level of results.
- Years of Experience: 8 - 12 years.
- Experience managing a team
- Very strong technical skills. We are looking for someone who has personally architect-ed and build a 50,000 line plus complex system.
- Eagerness to master new technologies
- Strong object oriented skills, preferably utilizing Java
- 4 year + Computer Science degree from a top university
- Detail oriented yet brave enough to try new directions.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR RESUME AT firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 022 3953 0986 / refer your friends.