We are looking for Deputy General Manager Supply Chain. Please find below company and job details -
Brief about the company:
McDonald's is the world's leading global foodservice retailer with more than 33,000 locations serving approximately 64 million customers in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women. In India, McDonald's is managed by two Indian entrepreneurs. Amit Jatia, Vice Chairman, Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. owns and spearheads McDonald's operations in West & South India. Hardcastle Restaurants was appointed Development Licensee for McDonald's in India in 2010, a progression from Joint Venture partner.
Celebrating over 15 years of leadership in food service retailing in India, McDonald's now has a network of over 235 restaurants across the country, with its first restaurant launch way back in 1996. Prior to its launch, the company invested four years to develop its unique cold chain, which has brought about a veritable revolution in food handling, immensely benefiting the farmers at one end and enabling customers to get the highest quality food products, absolutely fresh and at a great value.
This position is responsible for managing the national purchasing and distribution of the allotted portfolio of food & paper from supplier to the restaurants. Primary responsibility is supplier management with the objective of ensuring consistent achievement of the key deliverables of assured supply of the allotted portfolio of food, paper & operating supplies at world class quality and competitive prices to McDonalds restaurants in India .This position supports the department's strategies on operational excellence and enduring profitability. Key customers include Suppliers, Restaurants, Marketing, Operations, and other Head Office Departments.
Typical Work Experience:
10 - 15 years purchasing/ procurement in FMCG or as commodity buyer in large retail formats. Production experience at some point in his career is a must.
Strong on analysis, costing, and commodity portfolios.
Strategic Roadmap & 31Q process
- Aligns with the company's 31Q plan and designs the short and long terms strategy for the product portfolio managed and provides inputs on the same to the senior management for critical decision making
- Aligns initiatives and supplier negotiations with the company's 31Q plan and drive identification and implementation of initiatives to support achievement of the profitability objectives laid out in the plan.
- Continuously reviews the supplier base for the product portfolio managed and identifies and lays down short and long term strategies for optimising costs.
QA / Supply Chain / Menu Management
Managing Assured Supply & Quality
- Assures continuous evaluation of supplier systems & supplier base to ensure uninterrupted supply of food, packaging and operating supplies to all Mcdonalds restaurants
- Understands the product portfolio in detail, assesses each element of the supplier value chain for potential risks and ensures contingency plans are put in place, tested, and understood by all stake holders.
- Tracks industry and global raw material trends, analyses data and identifies possible supply - quality risks and opportunities to improve qualityand maps out action plans to prepare for the same.
- Supports the QA team to coach and guide suppliers to identify and implement quality systems and processes at their facilities to ensure consistent quality of best in class products & services to McDonalds restaurants
- Works closely with market distribution managers, marketing & operations teams to understand and analyse consumption trends for product portfolio managed, supplier service levels and take proactive action to ensure product quality & service levels are not compromised at any point.
- Communicates and coaches suppliers on the understanding of McDonalds Shared expectations and reinforces the same in all interactions with the suppliers.
- Sets objective measurement systems for supplier performance monitoring, ensures consistent feedback through planned annual Business Reviews, communication and agreement on SPI ratings and guides supplier management to proactively implement corrective actions for improvement.
- Continually reviews supplier base and developments in the food industry and sets proactive plans in place to improve/enhance the supplier base to support Mcdonalds growth in the country
- Manages supplier relationships in line with the McDonalds value systems and Code of Ethics and ensures fairplay in all dealings with supplier partners.
Product Development and Marketing Support Activities
- Provides support to the Product Development team in terms of developing suppliers of new products.
- Ensures timely delivery of products to the DC and the restaurants.
- Communicates marketing plans and volume projections to suppliers.
- Gives feedback to suppliers on performance of marketing activities.
- Helps assure the success of marketing programs by ensuring adequate supply of specification products and services to all restaurants.
- Communicates and coordinates SCM matters and implications timely and proactively with other functions.
- Monitor and control market wide food, paper and distribution costs in line with set targets, conduct market visits, identify and drive implementation of initiatives for optimization of costs.
- Work together with Real Estate and Operations teams and set up systems and processes for management of backend operations for all new store openings, new product launches, promotion campaigns etc in the market.
- Monitors and Tracks price movements of key commodities, analyses financial impacts to McDonalds business and plans risk management activities with suppliers to mitigate/take advantage of the same.
- Networks with McDonalds International product managers, industry contacts to understand local and global trends on commodities, best purchasing practices and identifies opportunities to implement the same in the Indian scenario.
- Understands product portfolio and supplier systems in depth and works closely with supplier to identify and implement initiatives in all elements of the supply system to drive costs down.
- Benchmarks with international McDonalds purchasing, local industry to implement pricing protocols with key suppliers, that ensure that the interest of both Mcdonalds and the suppliers are taken care of.
Networking & Leveraging Resources
- Evaluates the performance of the project team, and suppliers and consulting companies and provides regular feedback on performance
- Networks with McDonalds International product managers, benchmarks with local competition and ensures continual sharing and implementation of best practices at supplier facilities for improvement.
- Cultivates and promotes working relationships with other McDonald's departments, supplier partners and other outside organizations
- Networking and leveraging resources within the international community.
- Works on the scope of the project schedule with the end user.
- Determines the milestones and the asset & resource requirements.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of detailed project plans.
Has good understanding of operations systems and processes, and uses this information to understand user requirement & constraints to render better supply chain support.
- Recognizes and reacts to operational issues linked to the function that could compromise standards and takes immediate appropriate action to remedy the situation.
- Stays current with all operational issues and keep others aware of their implications.
- Takes initiative to gain feedback from operations on successes and areas for improvement. Uses this knowledge for future improvement.
Is responsible for interviewing & selection. May effectively supervise, manage performance, and ensure staff development for direct reports.Identifies the people requirements and skill sets required within their function.
Financial & Business Understanding
- Uses the projection and key business financial indicators as the base for creating annual objectives and action plans.
Minimum qualification required – MBA Operations/ SCM
Reports in to: Director National Supply Chain, QA, Menu and Product Development
Team reporting in – 3 to 6
Revert incase of doubts/ queries.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.
(McDonald's India - West & South)