Title: Assistant Manager - Demand Planning ( EAST)
Reports to: Senior Demand Manager.
Is fully responsible for Demand Planning for one region across franchise, inventory planning – Norms setting at C&FA level, improvement in customer service, managing fill rates for key accounts, and supporting the country S&OP processes.
Educational Qualifications & Skills Required
- Engineering/ Science/ Commerce Graduate with management post graduation from recognized B-Schools.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of latest practices in Demand Planning, forecasting and inventory management
- Knowledge and end user experience of any ERP system (preferably SAP/ SAP-APO) and its operation.
- Strong statistical knowledge, good in data analysis with MS tools like Advanced Excel, MS-Access
- Strong communication skills, analytical & problem solving mindset.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the area of demand planning & customer service management.
Location of the position - Kolkata, East Branch Office
- Generate statistical forecast using Mercia/ APO and incorporate market intelligence using field forecast to arrive at final forecast.
- Generate SKU wise short term (0-3 months) and long term forecasts.
- Support BP planning process
- Analyze sales trend and forecast error to identify areas of opportunity for inventory optimization
- Maintain all system Parameters for forecasting & deployment planning.
- Generate DRP and ensure stock availability in co-ordination with planning and distribution.
- Carry out casual analysis for MAPE and Bias/OTIF/CFR and suggest corrective actions.
- MAPE/ Bias
- S&OP Achievement
- Sales plan attainment
- Set Inventory norms across stocking locations sufficing appropriate service levels and Inventory Targets.
- Coordinate deployment of stocks from plants to distribution centers as per forecast.
- Carry out slow moving and non-moving stock analysis and highlight to central Demand team for action.
- Support initiatives like VMR (Vendor Managed Replenishments)
- Inventory Days
- SLOB % of inventory
- Helps to maintain good warehousing practices at C&FA
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to increase warehouse efficiency
- Visits C&FA to understand operational challenges- space, resources and provides feedback to central team for action planning
- Keep up to date on relevant Supply Chain technology and process trends amongst key customers and competitors for the franchise
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant franchise products
- Continue to progress understanding and application of Process Excellence tools
- Best practice assimilation and implementation
- Personal development plan in place
- Product training plans prepared and executed
- Visits to customers Technical update training plans prepared and executed
Corporate Ethics & Standards
- Actively support corporate policy and ethics leading by example
- Compliance to guidelines
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org