My client is looking for a seasoned sales professional for their India operation. This person has the charter to build the local team; the individual will provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Country Manager/Chief Representative in charge of all sales activities, departments and personnel involved in Sales and Presales in India
- Appointed Chief Representative for the country with signature authority for statutory and contractual obligations of the local legal Entity.
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals Develop strategies and plans to meet sales objectives Establishes performance goals for all local sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis.
- Oversees all employment issues and training of personnel involved in Sales.
- Coordinates sales operations with all other departments operating in the Country.
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with all Customers and Partners in the Country.
- Proactive Key Accounts Management.
- Further develop following and other opportunities at the assigned Customers.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine business growth potential.
- Positioning and sales of their leading product portfolio platforms and applications.
- Reports to the regional VP.
- Develops, or participates with the Senior Staff, in the development of the Strategic Marketing Plan for the Country.
- Senior responsibility for all Trade Accounts Receivables. Monitors A/R aging on a proactive basis with his personnel, coordinates with Credit Manager and Accounts Receivable Manager/Controller.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Technical University Degree in telecom or electronics engineering, computer science or similar.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in sales, technical presales or similar fields at major vendor(s) in the telecom industry.
- Experience having worked in a publicly listed MNC
- Successful sales track in the Indian market
- Personal network in place at main local customers
- Good knowledge of GSM, GPRS and UMTS networks
- Experience and knowledge in Signaling, Monitoring and Messaging , IP, LTE solutions
- Multi cultural, high caliber sales professional
- Results and detail orientated
- High standard of business ethics
- Fluent in English
- MBA is highly desirable,
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a sales management role in the telecom industry.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
Please send in your profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org