Business Development Manager – Energy & Power Systems Practice, South Asia
About Frost & Sullivan:
Frost & Sullivan, a global growth consulting firm founded in 1961, is present across 46 locations globally, with more than 2000 industry analysts and consultants world-wide. With an integrated approach to consulting through technology research, market research, economic research, corporate best practices, training, customer research, competitive intelligence and corporate strategy- Frost & Sullivan is one of the world leaders in this space.
The breadth of our coverage encompasses 35 verticals in different industry segments. Frost & Sullivan’s key focus areas are:
Information & Communication Technology, Chemicals, Materials & Foods, Process Consulting, Healthcare, Industrial Automation & Electronics, Energy & Power Systems, Environment, Building Technologies & Infrastructure, Aerospace & Defense, Metals & Mining, and Automotive & Transportation.
About Energy & Power Systems Practice:
Frost & Sullivan's Energy & Power Systems (EPS) Practice / Business Unit (BU) of Frost & Sullivan is seeking industry experts to focus on South Asia region. The EPS business unit brings together experienced marketing, market research and consulting experts who have vast experience tracking energy & power systems markets in South Asia and Middle East, and working on a variety of client defined custom research and consulting engagements
Energy & Power System BU spans across
- Power Generation,
- On-site and distributed Generation
- Power Transmission & Distribution
- Renewable Energy (Wind, Solar etc.)
- Backup Power (Genset, UPS, Batteries, components)
- Power Supply components
Who are we seeking?
You will play a significant role understanding client's business issues, challenges and aspirations. We believe that your ability to deliver solutions to clients' problems will depend more on your talent, skills and real life business experience than just your degree.
We are keen to employ people who care enough about a client's business problem, work hard to understand the underlying issues and accord priority to finding solutions to solve the problems. Here, your contributions will be as much important as our thought leadership and experience supporting clients. In solving business problems there are many unknowns. We are seeking people who can see a way though unfamiliarity, make sense out of limited information and draw insights from ambiguity.
What the job entails?
- Targeting Business Development in new & existing markets.
- Build client relationship to up sell & cross sell.
- A consultative sales approach, with the ability to conduct detailed business needs analysis and appropriate the correct sponsorship solution in-line with a client’s specific business requirement.
- The confidence to present to senior business stakeholders within client organizations.
- Selling bespoke solutions at a strategic level
- Pipeline management & constant interaction with business heads
Additional responsibilities include:-
- Develop sales strategy, sales forecast and business plans for growth.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances.
- Development of new clients.
- Negotiate and close business dealings.
- New business growth
- Retaining existing customers
Location : Mumbai
Qualification and Experience:
- Proven professional sales experience, with a strong track record of success (new business development & relationship management).
- An understanding of Energy domain / consulting industry
- The self motivation to individually identify/generate/exploit new business opportunities and nurture existing accounts
- Highly motivated individuals to argument Business Unit’s aggressive growth plans.
- Should possess strong communication skills with an ability to initiate, acquire and build long-term relationships with Client Senior Management teams
- Passion for sales and an unyielding drive to succeed
- Bachelors in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical preferred) / Bachelors Science with MBA (preferable).
- 5-10 years of experience in B2B selling with sales management experience is preferred
Responses to be sent to Ms.Priya at firstname.lastname@example.org