The hiring firm is a Big 4 consulting firm that helps organizations by delivering sophisticated analytical software that vastly improves corporate market analysis capability. Their technology can extract profound market and business conclusions, such as the future price of commodities or the future profitability of capital investments.
It is looking for an information services analyst to join their team. This person would be expected to support a team of highly experience fundamental market analysts in developing and maintaining the market information used in their models and reports licensed by their clients. In addition, this person would be expected to learn how to use their software and models and then assist in the performance of a wide range of analysis utilizing their proprietary fundamental market analysis software. The work is generally of a highly complex and technical nature, and involves the application of finance, economics, math and statistics in an environment which is constantly evolving as a result of technological advances, regulatory/legislative rule changes and volatility in the commodity markets that it serves. The position involves directly interfacing with business leaders, system users and technical professionals within the organization and the industry.
Specific Position Responsibilities (Consultant Level)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the common supply chains in the commodity markets that the firm serves. These would include various regionally power markets, global natural gas, global oil and petroleum products, global coal and emissions, global NGL/LPG, Petrochemicals, Steel and others.
- Identify the full range of data sources that provide the data required for itís models, key changes in the energy markets, and other information about current events that could impact the fundamentals in the markets they model. Maintain this information in a central repository with audit trails back to the source and liaise with product manager and market sector leaders to make sure all information is properly incorporated in the models.
- Assist in the development of various regional issue reports and market outlook reports. Support the development of defined market scenario reports. This could require performing analysis using the software, generating results, comparing results and reporting these results in various formats.
- Perform quality assurance and end-user acceptance testing on the information updates incorporated in the models and reports.
- Consult with other professionals as to system capabilities and work with them to implement new enhancements to models or reports to address new or modified conditions in the markets..
Qualifications (Consultant Level)
- College/university degree required, preferably B.Tech/Engineering, BSc/B.Com degree in finance, economics or related fields.
- Masterís degree strongly preferred - MBA/MSc
- 2+ years experience in one or more of the relevant energy markets is preferred
- 2+ years working in an advisory capacity providing consulting advice on the energy and resource markets is preferred.
- Keen interest in understanding the energy and resource market supply chains.
- Exceptional communication skills and client service orientation required.
To apply for this job please send query or your updated CV with Current CTC, expected CTC and notice period to email@example.com