IFMR Capital's mission is to provide efficient and reliable access to debt capital markets for institutions that impact low income households. These include rural & urban micro finance institutions, retail NBFCs, and housing finance companies. IFMR Capital connects these institutions with capital markets and investors such as banks, insurance companies, and mutual funds through financial tools such as securitization, credit enhancement and debt structuring.
Designation: Company Secretary
Reports to: Head Accounts & Operations
The Company Secretary is responsible for ensuring that IFMR Capital complies and operates in accordance with statutory and legal provisions and also to provide secretarial services for its functioning. The role also demands that it plays a key role in ensuring that the decisions of the Board are properly implemented and communicated, as required.
- To prepare notices, agenda and other back-up papers for convening the Board Meetings, General Meetings and various Committee Meetings and preparation of all relevant documents. To prepare minutes of the Board, Committee & General Meetings.
- To ensure preparation, maintenance and updating of various statutory records , returns and other documents as applicable under Companies Act , RBI guidelines, SEBI Law and supervising of MIS of various information.
- Formulating and executing Corporate Governance code and preparing and maintaining the relevant backups and records.
- Arranging to compile and provide information / inputs required by other departments and providing Stake holders satisfaction.
- Inter Departmental - legal, Finance, Accounts, Tax etc. and providing necessary information. To ensure all compliances includes filing the forms.
- Preparation of Annual Reports, Notice, agenda, Directors report, documents related to Directors like declaration u/s 274 (1)(g) and ensuring compilation and regular update of all statutory records.
- To handle audit of statutory & Secretarial records by statutory auditors, to handle due diligence of records by external agencies / law firms ensuring smooth functioning of the department.
- Keeping update on recent modifications / amendments in Company Law, rules & regulations.
- Advising on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and other Business Laws, Regulations and guidelines made there under.
Key Performance Indicators: Timely completion of all statutory requirements as per Companies Act and other regulators.
Experience Required: 4 - 6 Years of experience in the role of Company Secretary of an organization preferably in the financial services or NBFC sector
Qualification: CS with any other professional qualification preferably in the Accounting & Finance domain
- Ensure timely arrangement of Meetings of the Board or its Committees and Shareholders and preparing agenda & minutes thereof.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Good Knowledge in Accounts, Finance and Law
- Good Team Player
How to Apply:
Please send in your application to email@example.com along with your updated resume and a cover letter explaining how you could be a good resource for the profile. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.