Chief Operating Officer -TARAhaat Information and Marketing Services Ltd
TARAhaat is a social enterprise established by the Development Alternatives Group. TARAhaat’s mission is to deliver cutting edge IT services in rural India, particularly with a focus on job and life skills training through franchised centers, currently in 9 states and expanding.
TARAhaat seeks a dynamic, highly motivated executive with managerial and hands-on capabilities for the COO position. The COO reports to the CEO and is responsible for the company’s day-to-day operating activities, including revenue and sales growth; expense, cost and margin control; and monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management. The COO will ensure that the company's systems and operational infrastructure can support effective execution of all the company’s programs and their rapid expansion.
- Manage all company operations including projects management, franchisee relationships, end client servicing, product development, database management, website and content development, IT infrastructure, marketing finance, administration and reporting.
- Manage key deliverables/milestones for all categories of clients in a timely, responsible and accountable manner.
- Manage monthly performance reviews of key metrics across functions, to be presented and evaluated by each team monthly, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Build processes for continuous improvement of all processes and report on progress.
- Advanced degree is preferred with 8+ years of experience managing operations and finance for mid-size companies.
- Hands-on, highly organized and directed leader.
- Ability to balance operational efficiency with creative innovation and represent the company from an operational perspective.
- Understand marketing and the use of data to target various customer segments.
- Possess strong financial and analytic skills.
- Experience working with franchising operations.
- Responsibility for setting operational strategy in a competitive business.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
The ideal candidate is one seeking a change from the corporate rat race, towards greater personal and professional fulfillment, while contributing to the development of the nation as a whole. TARAhaat’s focus is on building the skills of underprivileged individuals and communities to equip them to get employment in the most rapidly expanding sectors of India’s economy. As a social enterprise, TARAhaat harnesses commercially and economically viable business strategies to deliver social goods to a large segment of the population.