Designation : CEO
Experience : 15 – 20 yrs
Qualification : MBA from Tier I colleges
CTC : 25 – 35 lacs
Job Location : Bangalore
The person serves as Chief Executive and is responsible for the success of the company. Together, the Board and CEO assure organisation’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of organisation’s mission and vision, and the accountability of company to its diverse constituents.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the CEO, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The CEO provides direction and enabling to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Mission, Policy and Planning
- Helps the Board determine company’s values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Helps the Board monitor and evaluate Company’s relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of Company and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy positions.
- Keeps informed of developments in human services, not-for-profit management and governance, philanthropy and fund development.
Management and Administration
- Provides general oversight of all Company activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and volunteers. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff and volunteers.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors. In accordance with Board action, recruits personnel, negotiates professional contracts, and sees that appropriate salary structures are developed and maintained.
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board President / Chair to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- With the Board President / Chair, focuses Board attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues.
- Works with the Board officers and committee chairs to get the best thinking and involvement of each Board member and to stimulate each Board member to give his or her best.
- Recommends volunteers to participate in the Board and its committees.
- Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
- Assures an effective fund development program by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity.
- Helps guide and enable the Board, its fund development committee(s) and its individual Board members to participate actively in the fund development process.
- Helps the Board and its development committee design, implement and monitor a viable fundraising plan, policies and procedures.
- Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting donor prospects.
- Assures the availability of materials to support solicitation.
- Assures the development and operation of gift management systems and reports for quality decision-making.
- Facilitates the integration of Company into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to Company, its services and constituencies.
- Listens to clients, volunteers, donors and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement. Assures community awareness of Company’s response to community needs.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for Company, assuring proper representation of Company to the community.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
- Works with legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the not for- profit sector to promote legislative and regulatory policies that encourage a healthy community and address the issues of Company’s constituencies.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position. As Chief Executive Officer, this individual demonstrates critical competencies in four broad categories: commitment to results, business savvy, leading change, and motivating.
Commitment to Results: The CEO is a system thinker who is customer focused and goal driven. This individual identifies relevant information and helps transform this information into individual and organizational knowledge and learning. The chief executive is action oriented and innovative. S/he translates broad goals into achievable steps. S/he anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
Please mail your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rajneesh Aggarwal | Engagement Manager | Education
909 Hemkunt Tower, 98 Nehru Place, New Delhi-110 019