Assigned to the Construction functional group to provide guidance and direction to a specific discipline within project and Construction engineering groups. Responsible for the review of project plans and specifications for constructability, conformance to regulatory agency requirements and productivity improvement. Provides consultation and guidance to the field as required.
- Receives technical and operational direction from the Manager of Construction and the Client Construction Operations, Inc. (BCOI) Field Engineering Manager.
- Provides technical and administrative guidance and operational supervision to construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Contacts are with members of construction and project management, project engineers and field personnel as well as client representatives and functional departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Reviews project plans, standard engineering details and specifications for constructability and conformance to regulatory requirements and productivity improvement.
- Works with Engineering Managers and the Manager of Engineering to unify engineering and field engineering to improve effectiveness.
- Recommends changes in design or construction methods.
- Advises project team of obvious discrepancies or trends that may be detrimental to the project.
- Reviews project drawings and specifications prior to release for construction and identifies and eliminates potential problems.
- Assists in the preparation of field manuals, construction standards, work plan/procedures and construction guidelines. Ensures that all programs, manuals, and software are adaptable, functional and responsive to the region’s business line and construction execution applications.
- Sponsors and supports the automation development programs related to work execution.
- Reviews and evaluates new products, tools and equipment to be used on projects.
- Maintains Standard Work Process Procedures for quantity tracking and reporting. Works with Project Controls to implement a standard quantity reporting work process.
- Maintains common guidelines and procedures for effective quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) programs.
- Develops and implements field engineering training including technical and supervisory training.
- Performs field reviews and report recommendations.
- Implements BCOI Constructability Program including constructability training, maintenance and distribution of the BCOI Constructability Handbook and BCOI construction lessons learned program.
- Monitors execution methodology on projects to learn from improvements and to promote continuous improvement.
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to engineering, construction and field activities.
- Thorough knowledge of construction technologies and jobsite management.
- Knowledge of the impact and effect of using field automation tools.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
- Knowledge of government compliance standards.
- Knowledge of Client’s Zero Accident Safety Program.
- Thorough knowledge of current industry standards.
- Understands and applies the requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan, and the Client Core Processes to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Client’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Knowledge of company and project quality policies.
- Knowledge is normally acquired through:
- Recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the discipline field activities.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Square Technologies (P) Ltd
C-82, 2nd Floor, Sector 63, Noida 201301