Category & Sourcing Manager – Supply
This opportunity is with one of the most respected premium FMCG products company globally. With a strong presence across 150+ countries, the company is listed on some of the most respected stock exchanges.
They are a champion in each of the regions they operate in India. As part of their expansion plans and augmentation of the procurement team in India, they propose to you a reason to be part of a growing, dynamic, vibrant and highly aggressive culture, a place where you can realize your potential with fast tracking your career. This role is critical to enhance the delivery of procurement function, by supporting the supply function in its Cost efficiency, supplier capability & reliability agenda, governance agenda.
The role will be responsible to ensure that they have the right stocks, at the right time at the best prices, hitting both customer service and inventory targets.
Based in Mumbai, this role will be responsible for:
- Manage and achieve/ exceed the Procurement performance targets set for India.
- Accountable for the development, approval and implementation of stretching category strategies
- Develop strategic opportunities for business success in the key categories, challenge the status quo in order to champion change.
- Identify, lead & promote initiatives to generate continuous improvement on Costs, Quality & Service.
- Identify, lead & promote initiatives to create alternative sourcing opportunities for the company outside of India from India.
- Drive cross regional alignment through establishing and managing robust co-ordination with the category excellence team
- Ensure effective supplier relationships are developed with key suppliers in India that will address the company’s strategic imperatives and deliver value
- Developing and maintaining effective stakeholder management across India and Asiapac Supply and also with India IMC
- Contribute to the improvement of the functional Procurement capability and performance across the region
- Protecting our Brands and Business through effective management of risk, compliance and governance through focus in the following areas: Legal contracts and approvals; CCS; SFRM; and CPRM
What you must have:
- Engineering or business background with a PG in Operations / Supply-chain / Manufacturing, but not a constraint to an experienced person.
- Minimum 8 years Procurement experience in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent knowledge on the key Raw and Packaging materials industry in India
- Good knowledge on taxation and commercial contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of world-class procurement systems processes and practices. This will be strengths in;
- Category/Sourcing strategy development
- Supplier Performance Management
- Contract Management
- Risk Management
- Business Partner engagement
- Negotiation & Communication
- Sound commercial awareness
- Strong team player and ability to work in a culturally sensitive way
- Proven track record of delivery in challenging business environments.
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of senior stakeholders.
Compensation: Currently on 24lacs+
Please respond in confidence to Joseph on email@example.com with your resume in word format only.