The Category Management (CM) role at HCL is a crucial role handled by experts in the field of strategic marketing. Unlike conventional marketers, at HCL the CMs are the driving force of the strategic business units (SBU) handling marketing for higher customer share of mind, business strategy for higher share of revenue and thought leadership for higher sales productivity. Each SBU that has revenues of $ 500 mn or more has a category manager.
As a category manager your responsibilities would broadly include:
- Market & Funnel conversion: you will work with the SBU & the Business Marketing organization to convert and win accounts that are classified as key accounts for the company. This will be done through right positioning and propositioning during and in pre-deal stages
- Strategy: Engaging with the SBU leadership in creating and moderating strategy workshops. Being the custodian of the service articulation exercise a model used by HCL to convert competencies into high value services basis customer insight. Being conversant with initiatives planned for the year, track business performance and create necessary escalations.
- Large Opportunity Differentiation: Bringing research and creative capability to the table to create unique differentiators and positioning strategies for sales deal, while playing execution roles in creating differentiation out of technical content.
- Visibility: Making the entire category visible to Analysts, Media, Sourcing Advisory and customers through thought leadership thereby positioning the business appropriately while creating salience.
- Thought leadership and content: be responsible for content across the SBU and will create artifacts which the SBU and Business Marketing teams will use in their campaigns to win deals. These artifacts will include service articulation, proposition artifacts and comp kill documents.
Who should be interested ? :
Highly competent strategic marketers who have made a mark in B2B marketing and desire more meaning in their jobs. Meaning consists of 3 facets :
- Uniqueness : The ability to pioneer strategic marketing competency in IT services an industry as yet not led by strategic marketing; but rapidly heading in that direction due to service commoditisation.
- Global Impact out of India : The role involves leadership at the global level
- Stimulation and enjoyment of the job : The knowledge industry the ability to access high quality information rapidly and apply it, while high growth and the immediate visibility of strategic impact creates an atmosphere of intellectual stimulus in perpetuity.
LOCATION: Noida, Chennai
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years or more.
Please note: Prior IT experience is an added advantage but not a necessity.
Candidates from IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIML, ISB and SP Jain Mumbai & XLRI may apply.
Please write to Geetika at Geetika.firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV