Vistaprint India | Position Description
Department: Capabilities Development
Reports To: Regional Director
Location: Mumbai, India
- Through a revolutionary business model supported by patented and proprietary technologies, Vistaprint does what no one else can. We deliver high-quality printed products in low volumes for a great price. It is our goal to astound customers by giving them the easiest way to make an impression for less. Our customers are both small businesses and consumers - essentially anyone who needs high-quality, low-volume printing or easy-to-use electronic services, at a great value. Over the years, our 19 million customers have come to trust us because of our low prices, convenient online ordering and high-quality products.
Our products range from business cards, brochures and postcards to invitations, note pads and thank you notes. Vistaprint also provides online services and solutions, such as email marketing, websites and postcard marketing.
Technology Background at Vistaprint:
At Vistaprint, our technology group consists of several teams. We call our software engineering and program management group Capabilities Development, because our people aren’t just extremely talented technologists, they’re also empowered innovators who are motivated and expected to extend the business capabilities of our company. Vistaprint also has a world-class Software Quality Assurance team that excels in testing automation and is required to be functional area experts capable of delivering world-class applications. Members of our Technical Operations team assume responsibility for managing Vistaprint’s Web sites and utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes to provide 24x7 business operations.
Currently, we operate 22 international Web sites in multiple languages and currencies receiving 54,000 orders daily and serving 16+ million customers in over 120 countries. Customers on our sites can browse design templates from an extensive library, upload design elements and customize designs using a highly interactive browser-hosted studio that feels like a native desktop.
We believe that the quality of our technology gives us an advantage over our competitors, and we will continue to invest in enhancing and refining our existing technologies and creating new ones. This investment will drive further expansion of our service and product offerings while increasing efficiencies in customer experience and in our production of products and delivery of services.
- A key member of Vistaprint India’s management team, you will lead the team that solves people, process and technology problems by gathering and analyzing requirements; understanding existing capabilities; designing functional solutions. You will support both the front-end website as well as back-end manufacturing automation technology functions. Vistaprint has 300+ developers/engineers globally and technology is the key backbone for the company’s success. Development at Vistaprint is fast-paced, with new code released for production use every three weeks. You'll work on real-world problems where the technology problem is often defined by the incredible scale at which the solutions operate (processing of >50,000 orders per day).
- Directly manage a team of operational support analysts who are responsible for the Vistaprint ecommerce website
- Promote open and clear communication between regions
- A regional operational support manager ensures that solutions are improved over time. This includes:
- Providing technical expertise into global solution roadmaps to support India operations
- Working with Technology Area Managers (TAMs) to ensure roadmaps include solutions local to India
- Responsible for regional work queue management. Ensure local analysts are adhering to best practices for managing their workload.
- Coordinate with the TAMs that have locally assigned software engineers to publish change management capacity, assign tickets locally and mitigate any issues or risks.
- Ensure the continued growth of analysts
- Responsible for analysts hiring process maintaining the high global bar for employees.
- Responsible for local Incident and Problem Management.
- Contribute to the delivery and enablement of global delivery. Propose and champion both change management and large projects along with process changes to improve regional team effectiveness
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS in Computer Science/CIS/MIS (or equivalent) preferred.
- Industry experience (12-15 years) leading and managing technology teams
- Strong capacity for logical thinking, with the ability to understand the inter-relationships among complex applications and systems.
- Must be a creative problem/puzzle solver.
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills required.
- Good judgment and ability to manage problems outside of one’s area of expertise
- Willingness to resolve repetitive problems while figuring out systematic handling and prevention.
- Prior experience using help desk or ticket tracking software preferred.
- Naturally bright; ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks effectively, to prioritize rapidly and accurately, and to understand tradeoffs.
- Working knowledge of SQL required.
- Some knowledge of object oriented software development a plus but not required.
- Prior experience with Help Desk, Network Operations, Software Development, Software Quality Assurance, or Systems Analysis a plus, but not required.
- Extremely flexible work hours allowing interaction with various team members who will work in opposite time zone as well as providing on call support
- Ability to react quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Travel (more extensive in the near term) to interact with global development teams
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Able to work autonomously
Kindly send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org