TransUnion (TU) is the third largest credit bureau in the United States. It offers credit-related information and information management services to creditors. TransUnion also markets credit reports directly to consumers.
Headquartered in Chicago, USA, TU has international operations in Latin America, East Asia, Canada, Africa and India; providing services in 25 countries outside the United States in both developed and emerging markets.
The company is jointly owned by two Private Equity groups – Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and Advent International
TransUnion in India:
Since 2001, TransUnion has been active in the Indian marketplace as the technical partner and a shareholder in CIBIL, the first credit bureau in India.
TransUnion and CIBIL offer the CIBIL TransUnion Score—the first score specifically developed for India. In addition to this score, TransUnion also offers risk analytics, risk models, risk decisioning and portfolio management services to the banking industry.
The Company has a strategic focus on developing its presence in emerging economies, with India being a key region. As a result, the India region recently developed a new position to head business expansion in new lines of business – organically as well as through Acquisitions, Alliances, Joint Ventures, and Partnerships.
Senior Associate/ Manager, India Business Expansion
The Associate will provide analytic and management support to the VP of India Business Expansion (a former Bain consultant). He/she will assist in identifying new verticals/ adjacencies for growth for Transunion in India.
More specifically the Associate will:
- Develop business cases for new initiatives – including strategic objectives and potential value
- Perform financial and strategic analysis of current initiatives
- Developing analysis to assess value created and estimate the impact for additional markets
- Actively engage in value-added analysis to answer key strategic questions; leverage all of the data sources available internally and externally
Technical/ Functional Qualifications:
- At least two years’ experience in a highly analytical role (finance, consulting, banking)
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Strong project management experience a plus; ability to multi-task well with multiple projects and deadlines required
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint
- Prior experience in commercial banking/ insurance industry preferred