The Business Operations Manager is expected to manage key centre roles for company which has in a multi-nodal, multi-geography model. The position would primarily be responsible for business enabling functions like Delivery Performance, MD&I management, business process roll out and management across multiple nodes. The position also includes playing the role of interface for and other support functions like Technology support, Facilities & Services, People mobility & Finance support etc. The position will be measured on driving business growth in terms of process and infrastructure apart from sustaining existing operations. It will provide key strategic direction to the organisation in terms of business planning and growth activities.
The Business Operations Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the followings:
- Manage Scorecards related to Business Operations processes such as Location planning, Visa Enablement etc; Manage ad hoc reporting requests and data analysis
- Manage the Quality programs: Ensure GU is appropriately positioned to add value to Clients’s “quality” efforts, including management of SE certification, QA training, and program management training
- Special Projects and Support: Identify operational implications and strategic considerations for special projects
- Client Team Satisfaction Survey: Conceptualize the entire process; Administer the survey; Collate feedback and identify areas for improvement; Communicate results from the Survey in appropriate forums.
- Visa Management: Design the CLIENT’S Visa Strategy; Work with RMS for streamlining the process; Manage Visa related spends; Enable Service Lines during Assignment Discussions with cost/tax estimates associated with Cross Border assignments; Visa enablement & Facilitate documentation
- Monitor the spends on various line items; Reduce/rationalize spend; Work with enabling functions to rationalize costs, better utilize resources, etc.
Location Strategy: Monitor Demand and Supply of seats across multiple cities; Liaise with other Clients entities who are co-located with CLIENT’S for recovery of appropriate charges; Integrate with Service Lines and HR in terms of the HC planning from a location strategy point of view
Information Technology needs: Work with IT teams for various important initiatives; Co-ordinate IT operations from a business point of view; Oversee project management of IT infrastructure in various instances.
Human, Asset and Information Security: Work with the Facilities & Services team on special projects; Ensure F&S is aligned with business requirements; Create awareness for security needs and compliance to Clients policies; Monitor with the GAP team on threats and risks perceived; Participate in the Emergency Management Team meetings.
Specific experiences will include:
- Minimum 8 years of progressive business and consulting experience.
- Experience working with “C” level executive clients
- Should possess strong program management skills
- Preferably experience in having led multiple functions or a large deal that has elements of functions/service delivery
- Significant experience in functional leadership
- Preferred experience in service delivery
- Professional graduate education preferable
- Experience of having worked in an onshore-offshore model
- Experience of working with and leading teams across locations
- Flexibility required to interact with and manage a broad range of internal customers and possibly competing priorities
- Excellent presence, interpersonal skills able to handle clients/internal leadership
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in a consulting firm is preferable
Key Competencies and Characteristics:
- This individual must be comfortable working at the highest levels of organization and interacting closely with the “C” level executives in a range of environments.
- The individual should be comfortable functioning in a broadly positioned and highly diverse consulting firm.
- The individual should possess an impressive executive demeanor, a team oriented and collaborative approach, and excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- The individual should have demonstrated entrepreneurial instinct.
- The individual should possess and demonstrate high integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom s/he will work.
- The individual should have strong intellect coupled with proficient commercial instincts.
- The individual should have high energy levels.
- The individual should be diplomatic, flexible, and have a good team approach.