A Process Analyst (Manager) role is similar to an Associate Business Analyst, but specialises in the analysis of Business processes using Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- The Process Analyst assists Process Consultants and will work closely with Business Partners, SD Business Services and Subject Matter Experts in understanding stake holder needs, converting them into Process specification, Designing re-engineered processes, testing, training and deployment facilitation.
- Process Analyst roles are individual contributor roles aligned to key business areas and reporting to Senior Process Consultants / Process Consultants / Business Consultants.
- Besides expertise in Process modelling per standards, the role holder is expected to handle significant amount of data analysis, quality control / process governance activities.
Typical responsibilities span across re-engineering, design or deployment phases of a business process and include the following:
- Assisting Process consultants in identification of process improvement opportunities with a focus on continuous improvement
- To work closely with the Project Manager and Business Analyst during Initiation phase, to ensure process considerations are given due attention while translating Business needs into Functional and Non-functional requirements
- Gathering and analysis of process data (such as volumes, transaction types, unit times, staffing levels, defects ) required for benchmarking, identification of best practices, design or deployment of business processes
- Obtaining and collating Voice of the Customer (Stake holder) from Businesses, SD Business Services, subject matter experts etc. through interviews, surveys, focus groups, analysis of existing data etc.
- Modelling of ‘AS IS’ and ‘TO BE’ processes in line with inputs received from the design team, using Process modelling standards and tools such as Provision
- Identifying, and categorising Process variants that may be applicable to a specific location in order to facilitate rationalisation through a review of process information.
- Defining key process performance indicators in line with standard
- Conducting process capability / monitoring studies. Evaluating capability of the process to handle the planned transaction volumes. Identifying bottlenecks.
- Assist in implementation of processes performance improvements in the areas of revenue, cost, customer experience or risk.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of relevant documentation relating to design decisions, policies and procedures
- Assist in process governance activities including R2BP design and deployment certifications and periodic assessments
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas Typical KPIs and Targets
Impact on the Business
- Completion of Process modelling and Analysis deliverables on-time, to agreed quality, well presented and documented in line with standards
- Contribution to overall process design, deployment and performance improvement projects.
- Measured through project plans, Quality control reviews of the work and assessment by the Project Manager and Process Consultant.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Earn the confidence / trust of stakeholders with credible analysis, demonstrating a good understanding of the business situation and deep insight into data
- Demonstrate sensitivity to stakeholders’ agenda
- Wherever possible to negotiate and influence others to ensure the effective resolution to issues/problems which may impact the outcome of the project
- Feedback from Project Managers and Process Consultants
Leadership & Teamwork
- Coach and guide process modellers and ensure the work done by self and others is executed to a high level of quality
- Demonstrate aptitude to learn new products / processes / businesses and gradually build expertise in one or more CoEs / process groups.
- Effectively collaborate with team members, share information and ensure success of the initiative
- Feedback from Project Managers and Process Consultants
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Working under the direction of Process Consultants, ensure the business process re-engineering / design complies with and Industry standards.
- Over time develop proficiency in specific Banking products and propositions as well as Service Delivery operations Management
- To ensure provision of appropriate MI and measurement mechanisms to inform Process Consultants
- Quality control reviews / internal control audits
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
Qualification & Experience
- B.E / MBA from a premier School having 2 – 5 years experience in data analysis or process analysis supporting assigned businesses or functions OR experience in, handling change related aspects of business processes including driving continuous improvement in day to day service delivery environment. Ideally a Blackbelt certified / trained professional driving Six Sigma, Lean Consulting projects.
- Proven project management track record will be a plus
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- A good working knowledge of the business and functional units supported, products, services and processes and pertinent regulation impacting their delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships, working across cultures and in matrixes organisational structure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Navigating – understanding and translating Change Delivery strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance values, reputation and business
- In depth knowledge of business process design and management including methodologies like Six Sigma, Lean and tools such as Provision (Process Modelling), JMP (statistical analysis) etc. .
- Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal skills, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide meaningful analysis and process improvement recommendations
- High proficiency with Microsoft software suite including Visio. The role holder would be expected to use advanced tools such as Provision with relevant training.
- The incumbent will be trained on R2BP standards and the Group tool for process mapping and expected to pass internal accreditation for Process Analysts
- Facilitation and sound leadership skills
- Negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills, other languages an advantage
Organisational Chart (Complete or insert organisational chart for the role here)
Please send your resume to email@example.com or can reach me @ 040-40101210/11.