Specialist Business Development
- Grow market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based sales strategies in collaboration with account management and utilising specialist knowledge to deliver gross sales.
- Major emphasis on opening up large scale new business, both within existing accounts and new customers.
- Be the voice of the customer, feeding into SBU to inform business strategy.
- “Hunt” for the majority of their compensation, and convert leads passed to them.
- Assist in key retention situations as required.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Identifies and generates sales to existing and new customers
- Develops new opportunities in relevant specialism and geographical territory
- Converts leads provided by Client Specialists, Direct and Account Managers
- Assists in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to that customer – as requested
- Acts as an advocate for customer needs to the business
- Does not profit from customer placed orders as opposed to proactive sales
Scope and Impact
- Individual contributor
- Selling products (desktop, transactions, analytics and content)' related to end-user workflows, to a market specialism, in a defined geographical territory
- Drive large scale desktop sales to new customers
- Involved in key retention situations as requested
- Travel as needed
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies
- Deep market understanding including a) expert understanding of financial market b) knowledge of relevant market c) strong understanding of customers' business model workflow
- World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/ consultative selling) as a “hunter”
- Strong sales ‘closer’
- Significant Product and Workflow Expertise (e.g. knowledge of financial modelling, Excel, MS Office); knowledge of trading floor tech./ data apps
- Creative thinker and good sales ideation skills
- Presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
- Ability to use MIS systems
Certifications / Education
- College/ university degree or relevant work experience equivalent required
- Industry qualifications preferred (CFA, MBA, CMT, Series 7)
- Over 5 years of demonstrated selling to specialized customer workflows and/or segments
- Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
- Focusing on customers
- Collaborating across boundaries
- Championing innovation
- Driving results
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Dr Saurabh Garg