A. Position : Telecom Business Development Head at Hyderabad
Client: Client of Roland & Associates - Leaders in Social Media Recruitment
B. Overall Objective
To achieve company order, sales and gross margin targets in the assigned region within the agreed expenditure budget and company policies. The overall objective is to build a profitable business area and long-term customer relationships. Furthermore the Business Development Head might have specific objectives for programs and projects.
C. Scope of Responsibilities
The Business Development Head will have responsibility for the achievement of the business targets and for customer relationships within the assigned region. The Business Development Head will decide together with the General Manager, on what resources (technical, management etc.) is required within the region and when to involve them.
D. Key Responsibilities
- In association with the General Manager, the Business Development Head devises and implements sales strategies for the assigned region to maximize sales revenues and gross margins in the assigned region.
- In co-operation with Product Management and Technical Sales, the Business Development Head will research new business areas (including specific opportunities and business partners) in preparation for active selling within the assigned region.
- Will meet frequently with prospective clients, building relationships with both operational and executive management involving Client’s senior management as appropriate.
- The Business Development Head will qualify develop and manage sales prospects and provide the key data for client proposals.
- The Business Development Head has the total responsibility to qualify business opportunities using an adequate business model and if decided (the business development is decided through the PDP process) to pursue the opportunity, organize and participate in providing proposals and draft contracts of the solutions with assistance of the Sales Operations, Technical Sales and Product line management functions.
- The Business Development Head will take a major role in opportunity and program negotiations with customers.
- In association with Technical Sales and Market Support, the Business Development Head will actively manage existing programs and projects, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with Client’s program, projects products and services and develop additional business opportunities for Client.
- Will provide customer feedback on Client’s products, services, company image and feedback on competitors’ offerings to product and senior management as appropriate.
- Will ensure, in co-operation with the General Manager, that Client’s Business Processes (Sales plans, Product Development Process PDP etc.) is fully supported. This is important to achieve mutually agreed objectives and ensure a professional and homogenous processes and work methods for Client´s interaction with the region.
- Will investigate (and participate in as agreed) marketing opportunities within the assigned region such as seminars, conferences, exhibitions, editorial and advertising opportunities and obtaining membership of professional and trade associations.
- Is responsible for capturing contact data on both customers and prospective customers within the assigned region for marketing activities (the customer data should be gathered in the customer database, SalesForce).
- Actively participates as a member of the team, assisting in devising sales plans and in supporting the General Manager in additional delegated responsibilities.
- Meets regularly with the General Manager for responsibilities.
- Provides formal monthly reports (including product forecasts) of progress towards set regional objectives highlighting any constraints.
- Will formulate the future Region sales and marketing plans for the assigned segments for review and approval by the General Manager.
- Will develop the business potential in the assigned region and advise the General Manager when additional people are required to support the business in the assigned region.
- Will develop in co-operation with the General Manager a personal development plan.
- Will provide at all times a highly competent and professional level of personal management, setting an example for the company.
- Develop future business opportunities within the Client vision and mission.
- Manage and direct programs and business opportunities in collaboration with the General Manager.
- The Business Development Head can offer prices and sign contracts within the given authorized price strategies and policies. The general policy is that pricing has to be provided by Finance dept and approved by VP Sales
- All other issues are supervised as from the Client Policies and Guidelines and in line with the corporate authority guidelines.
Experience : 10+ years
The candidate should be at GM/ VP level. They should be from major telecom vendors.
Please mail me your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with current and expected salary