Business : Typically aligned to a Banking Businesses : e.g : Retail Banking Operations, RBWM - Consumer assets, CMB & Trade, Payments, Insurance and Wealth Management.
Role Purpose :
- This role holder will act as the process expert in all aspects of Business process change including Design, Re-engineering, Continuous improvement and Deployment and will ensure the Business processes are effective, efficient aligned to ToM and standardised to the extent practical.
- This role could be either an individual contributor or a manager managing a team of Process Analysts supporting projects within a business area.
- Every Change the Bank Programme / work stream / project where underlying Business Processes are being modified should mobilise Senior Process consultant(s) / Process consultant(s) as part of the project team.
- Within these Initiatives, the Process consultant shall have the overall responsibility for the robustness of the process solution being designed and its consistent and smooth deployment.
- Within programmes, the Process consultant is accountable to the Programme manager to ensure the process solution meets the programme’s intent with regard to cost, quality and delivery.
- The Process consultant is also responsible for ensuring appropriate use of the Process consulting framework, tools and Governance as well as maximise re-use of known best practice solutions.
Responsibility during opportunity identification / initiation stage #
- Plan and manage appropriate process diagnostics to identify and prioritise re-engineering opportunities
- During the Project Initiation phase, actively provide process related inputs to shape the Scope, Impact and Benefits
- Responsibility during process design / re-engineering stage:
- Ensure effective and efficient design of business processes by robust planning and having a line of sight across all activities in the design phase:
- By soliciting and analysing requirements inputs from businesses, Business Services (SD CoEs), subject matter experts and other stakeholders and ensuring they are translated into Process specification. This could include techniques such as; collection and analysis of customer experience information, stakeholder voice and process benchmarking
- By influencing movement away from existing paradigms and help arrive at best-in-class process designs
- By ensuring the process design follows standard, is fit for purpose and links seamlessly with technology / application design
- By facilitating objective design decisions by evaluating any trade offs and ensuring appropriate stakeholder buy-in
- By verifying and validating performance of the designed processes, ahead of deployment, using appropriate testing, Modelling & Simulation. In many situations the functional testing will need to be done in conjunction with the IT systems supporting the process
- Demonstrate adherence to the design standards through R2BP Design certification for the process designed
Responsibility during process deployment stage #
- The Process consultant works in close collaboration with the deployment project teams. He / she is accountable for smooth deployment with no unplanned variants. This will be achieved by maintaining a line of sight across the activities in the deployment to ensure:
- Process requirements of the deployment location are well understood
- Extent of adoption of standardised processes has been maximised by communicating the benefits and rallying stakeholders around the best available business process
- Any local variant to the standard process is thoroughly evaluated and duly approved by the relevant authority for process change control
- The process performance is quickly stabilized post deployment. This will be evidenced through an independent deployment certification
Responsibility during process execution stage #
- Participate in process change control meets to review and decide on ongoing process change requests
- Work with the SD Production management function to ensure appropriate Business process improvements are planned across the life cycle of process management.
Qualifications & Experience #
- B.E. / MBA from a premier School having 5 – 10+ years of experience in Process Design / Re-engineering / improving / managing business processes. Should be a Blackbelt certified preferably a Master Blackbelt.
- Proven track record as an outstanding internal or external consultant (change management or business transformation) with skills related to managing large and complex projects, consulting engagements, business, technology or operations
- Overall financial services industry knowledge and familiarity with functioning of one or more Business areas / Global functions combined with a strong understanding of relevant Banking operational practices
- Exposure to Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case (bottom-up & to-down)
- Understands how technology adds value to the business and to the end customer
- Experience in working on Global or Regional projects with multiple stakeholders will be an advantage
- This is a critical role. The role holder is expected to be a high performer and high potential resource.
Interested candidates can mail their profile to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me @ 040-40101210/11.