A Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt in Genpact is responsible for delivering Business Impact by improving business processes, solving problems, and driving change within the organization. MBBs ensure alignment of Quality initiatives with the company’s strategic initiatives and help implement a culture of continuous improvement through "leading by example" and facilitating delivery of business impact/results through mentoring and coaching Black Belts as well as larger organisation
Job Title - Master Black Belt (Assistant Vice President)
Reporting Relationship - Quality Leader
Travel: On need basis
Summary of Role/Profile:
The MBB will lead a team of black belts aligned to Genpact’s corporate functions and will be responsible for driving a ‘mindset’ and a culture of process improvement in the team. Key deliverables will be Defining and driving business impact for Genpact and its clients through specific programs/ projects, mentoring BBs and GBs, sharing of best practices, driving the LSS (Lean Six Sigma) DNA and process excellence practices, facilitating training.
What is the focus of the function - Driving High Impact projects, creating a culture of process excellence in the team supported by the function
Why does this job exist - Lean Six Sigma is the core value proposition Genpact has for its clients – in delivering value beyond SLAs
How does the role add value - Provides opportunity to learn new skills in Lean, Six Sigma & Change Management. It is the leadership building ground for Genpact
How is this role unique from others - Provides opportunity to work in cross-functional environment where soft skills come to the fore more often, gives exposure to senior stakeholders – internal and external. It is a role where the Top Talent of the company is brought in.
Who are the key relationships for this role - Black Belts, Quality managers, Service Delivery Leaders, Operating Leaders/ Functional Leaders and Senior stakeholders (internal/ external) depending on the nature of the project.
What are the minimum prior qualifications to be an applicant for this role - Post Graduation in Quantitative sciences or MBA.
What are the key initiatives and challenges facing this role in the next six months to three years -
- Creating a roadmap for Improvement initiatives and getting all stakeholders aligned,
- Program management of large cluster projects – involving cross-functional teams and multiple project leads (Black/ Greeen Belts) for timely delivery of results and
- Drive Lean Six Sigma DNA
Specific Competence (Essential)
- Ability to effectively influence & motivate others.
- Excellent communication and executive presence to connect at CXO level
- Program Management skills – leading clusters of individual projects in parallel through wide cross-functional teams
- People Leadership: Ability to coach & mentor people.
- Strong Quantitative and problem solving ability: Ability to conceptualize complex problems and develop an Analytical road map for them.
- Delivers oral and written communications that have clarity and impact.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate meetings to generate ideas and make key decisions.
- Creates a team environment of accountability and commitment for reaching project goals.
Specific Competence (Desirable)
Process Excellence / ‘Strategic Initiatives’ group / Lean Six Sigma experience
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Black-belts to drive projects.
- Identify and Drive high impact projects by working closely with stakeholders. Systematically identify, gather, and analyze pertinent information to develop & accomplish project goals (e.g., reduce risk/cost, improve productivity/profitability).
- Apply LEAN, Six Sigma tools/functional knowledge to improve process capability and eliminate defects.
- Coach & mentor other people to drive Lean Six Sigma DNA through GB & Lean Projects.
- To monitor and track quality project plan implementation to ensure desired outcomes.
- Communicate continuously with all key stakeholders to create a combined Vision and understanding of the function’s activities
Knowledge, Experience and Education -
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work in diverse teams and with multiple stakeholders
- Facilitative Leadership skills – Influencing skills, mentoring and coaching – to be able to drive change in the organisation
- Experience in F&A
- Experience or know how of Lean Six Sigma methodologies
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Mancer Consulting Services