Role: Associate VP and Head- IT
Company- Digicable Network India Pvt. Ltd.
Location: Marol, Andheri East, Mumbai
This job description is intended as a representation of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Digicable Network and Broadband Pacenet are group companies engaged in cable MSO and ISP service. The Head of IT as part of the team reporting to the CTO is expected to be the owner and manager of the IT services and Network Infrastructure team. With over 1200 employees and spread across 26 locations, the challenge is not to directly manage the services but rather the outsourced service providers.
The entire IT infra at Digicable is outsourced with state of the art service being provided by some of the top IT vendors in the world. With other areas of exposure like encryption, work on products like STBs, applications for CAS, implementation of new software protocols for digital channels, this role is extremely challenging. There is a team 7-8 people in Mumbai reporting directly to this role and another 20 people reporting through dotted line or on vendor payroll.
Digicable has been at the cutting edge of IT, Network and Distributed Management technology. It has won numerous awards for its IT practices including the IT Security Award at the 2010 CIO's conclave.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the Systems evaluation and audit
- Design hardware and licensing needs for the framework required to run new application
- Provide assistance for an enhancement of IT infrastructure in brown field deployments covering data transfer, existing hardware phase-out plan, asses application server needs, process mapping between existing applications and new application and key-user and end-user training design
- Evaluate vendors on quality and price for required applications
- Align multiple vendor meetings and design process for collaborative applications, if required
- Maintain issue tracker with vendor for support post going live with an application
- Co-ordinate application updates rollouts for all units
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- ERP- SAP, Network security, ITL, SAP, VMWare, etc. Plus some exposure to digital system like LATENS/ Connex, CAS, VAS, application support on widgets.
- B.E. / B. Tech./ B.Sc in IT or Computer Science.
- Post qualification experience of around 10-12 yrs.
- ERP implementation and support experience.
- Experience in a distributed environment.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate VP- Human Resources