Customer Segment & Location:
Typically aligned to a Business Area: e.g : RBWM – Banking Operations, RBWM - Consumer assets, CMB & Trade, Payments. Contact centre, Insurance and Wealth Management
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
- This role holder will act as the process expert in all aspects of Business process change including Design, Re-engineering, Continuous improvement and Deployment and will ensure the Business processes are effective, efficient aligned to ToM and standardised to the extent practical.
- This role could be either an individual contributor or a manager managing a team of Process Analysts supporting projects within a business area.
- Every Change the Bank Programme / work stream / project where underlying Business Processes are being modified should mobilise Senior Process consultant(s) / Process consultant(s) as part of the project team.
- Within these Initiatives, the Process consultant shall have the overall responsibility for the robustness of the process solution being designed and its consistent and smooth deployment.
- Within programmes, the Process consultant is accountable to the Programme manager to ensure the process solution meets the programme’s intent with regard to cost, quality and delivery.
- The Process consultant is also responsible for ensuring appropriate use of the Process consulting framework, tools and Governance as well as maximise re-use of known best practice solutions.
Responsibility during opportunity identification / initiation stage:
- Plan and manage appropriate process diagnostics to identify and prioritise re-engineering opportunities
- During the Project Initiation phase, actively provide process related inputs to shape the Scope, Impact and Benefits
Responsibility during process design / re-engineering stage:
Ensure effective and efficient design of business processes by robust planning and having a line of sight across all activities in the design phase:
- By soliciting and analysing requirements inputs from businesses, Business Services (SD CoEs), subject matter experts and other stakeholders and ensuring they are translated into Process specification. This could include techniques such as; collection and analysis of customer experience information, stakeholder voice and process benchmarking
- By influencing movement away from existing paradigms and help arrive at best-in-class process designs
- By ensuring the process design follows standard, is fit for purpose and links seamlessly with technology / application design
- By facilitating objective design decisions by evaluating any trade offs and ensuring appropriate stakeholder buy-in
- By verifying and validating performance of the designed processes, ahead of deployment, using appropriate testing, Modelling & Simulation. In many situations the functional testing will need to be done in conjunction with the IT systems supporting the process
- Demonstrate adherence to the design standards through R2BP Design certification for the process designed
Responsibility during process deployment stage:
The Process consultant works in close collaboration with the deployment project teams. He / she is accountable for smooth deployment with no unplanned variants. This will be achieved by maintaining a line of sight across the activities in the deployment to ensure:
- Process requirements of the deployment location are well understood
- Extent of adoption of standardised processes has been maximised by communicating the benefits and rallying stakeholders around the best available business process
- Any local variant to the standard process is thoroughly evaluated and duly approved by the relevant authority for process change control
- The process performance is quickly stabilized post deployment. This will be evidenced through an independent deployment certification
Responsibility during process execution stage:
- Participate in process change control meets to review and decide on ongoing process change requests
- Work with the SD Production management function to ensure appropriate Business process improvements are planned across the life cycle of process management
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- For one or several specific functional areas, deliver step change in operational performance (cost, service levels, and customer satisfaction) through identification and successful initiation of new change initiatives aligned with global directions and global/regional business transformation initiatives
- Act as trusted advisor to SD Business Service Heads and business partners and ensure commercially based decisions are taken on prioritizing and optimizing various process re-engineering initiatives
- Promote a culture of strategic and pragmatic thinking, aligning short term decisions and investments with longer term vision and objectives
- Work with various project / programme teams to develop objective, quantitative recommendations that are driven by ROI to deliver benefit to the overall enterprise, and not only to a single operating silo
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions that are infused with emerging technologies and solutions while tempered with common sense
- Working across regional and local teams to ensure commonality of understanding and objectives whist reiterating global intents
- Revisit projects post deployment on regular basis to validate process optimisation practices and track on-going value realisation
- Contribute to the oversight of project / programme delivery for select functional areas or high risk initiatives - Identify sustainable savings
- Deliver sustainable savings
- Reduce unit cost
- Reduce operational losses
- Measurable improvement in service quality, customer satisfaction, and cost-income ratio
- Delivery of project deliverables on time, meeting customer expectations.
- Robust benefit estimation and tracking through measurable KPIs
- Standardisation of business models and processes across the region.
- Migration of tasks to GR centres with matching reductions in onshore headcount (no off-shore leakage)
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work with management/senior management across Customer Groups and key stakeholders (Compliance, Audit, Fin, HR etc) to constantly challenge ‘perceived wisdom’, to achieve buy-in for the recommended solution and its implementation approach, to evaluate the impact of change, and to ensure monetization of benefits
- Build trusting relationships with internal customers by consistently delivering value add consultancy services and delivery that exceeds expectations and positions for sustained success. Demonstrate sensitivity to stakeholders’ agenda.
- Work across Group Businesses and support functions in the region to create an organizational ‘momentum for change’ based around commonality of solutions and standardization of product and process.
- Be knowledgeable about business drivers and customers, the businesses of competitors, and emerging trends in the industry landscape
- Proactively interact with its delivery partners (Service and Software Delivery) to understand current state and go forward opportunities - Sponsor and Programme manager satisfaction (internal)
- Strong networks with key stakeholders at all points in the global matrix, creating an ability to execute at pace with minimum conflict,
Leadership & Teamwork
- Play a lead role in business process design / re-engineering / deployment. Plan and staff design work streams with appropriate resources.
- Act as an expert on process re-engineering, bringing in appropriate tools / methodologies in line with GCD Change framework.
- Directly manage Process Consultants /Analysts aligned to the area of responsibility. Provide coaching on tools, review output and ensure quality & timeliness.
- Facilitate design workshop sessions involving cross-functional staff.
- Constantly challenge status quo and seek opportunities for improvement. Create an environment that emphasizes continual learning
- Build / nurture competency in business process management across the group, by identifying and developing skilled resources.
- Challenge the status quo, be committed to ongoing learning, and continually raise the bar in terms of individual, team, and enterprise business performance.
- Collaborate with other regional/local Change Delivery teams to ensure commonality of approach and consistency of solutions
- Is recognised as a process management expert, who is able to provide thought leadership and motivate, guide coach others.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure the re-engineered business process complies with GSM, FIM, Internal control, Security and Fraud and Local Compliance requirements.
- Ensure that activities are delivered using the appropriate methodologies and tools. Maximize the use of Group standard tools.
- Evidence of robust risk reviews of processes involving appropriate stakeholders
- Feedback from Independent design reviews / internal control audits
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
Qualifications & Experience
- B.E. / MBA from a premier School having 5 – 10+ years of experience in re-engineering / designing / improving / managing business processes. Should be a Blackbelt certified preferably a Master Blackbelt.
- Proven track record as an outstanding internal or external consultant (change management or business transformation) with skills related to managing large and complex projects, consulting engagements, business, technology or operations
- Overall financial services industry knowledge and familiarity with functioning of one or more Business areas / Global functions combined with a strong understanding of relevant Banking operational practices
- Exposure to Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case (bottom-up & to-down)
- Understands how technology adds value to the business and to the end customer
- Experience in working on Global or Regional projects with multiple stakeholders will be an advantage
- This is a critical role. The role holder is expected to be a high performer and high potential resource
- Navigating – understanding and translating Change Delivery strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance values, reputation and business
- Demonstrating in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of process management systems, quality improvement, and other methodologies, tools and techniques such as Six Sigma and Lean. Black belt certification highly preferred.
- Strong conceptual skills (business models, organizational design) and analytical skills (business performance, market & competitive dynamics) to craft, execute, and oversee hypothesis-driven analysis
- Ability to bring analytical rigor and structure to poorly-defined problems
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders, working across cultures and in matrix organisational structures
- Successful change management and staff management. Strong facilitative leadership, communication and influencing ability.
- Proven ability of innovativeness and challenging the status quo.
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at senior level in the organisation.
- Financial acumen: develop business case, ability to budget, track and control project expenditure
- Strong facilitation and sound leadership skills
- Negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills, other languages an advantage
Please send your resume to email@example.com or can reach me @ 040-40101210/11