About People Group
While People Group can trace its origins to the beginning of Shaadi.com in 1996, the Group was formally launched by Anupam Mittal in 2004 to explore opportunities in the Internet & Mobile space. In a few short years the group has earned the reputation for being one of the most innovative businesses in India, having developed brands such as Shaadi.com, Makaan.com and Mauj Mobile.
The group is structured into two different companies - People Interactive and People Infocom.
People Interactive is the Consumer Internet arm of the Group and owns the brand Makaan.com, under which successful real estate business is managed. The company also owns Shaadi.com, world largest matrimony site, as well as Fropper.com, a friendship and social networking service.
People Infocom is managed under the Mauj Mobile brand, widely regarded as one of the pioneers of Mobile Internet in India. Today, Mauj Mobile runs a global content and applications platform and distribution business - including the highly popular mobile destination called Mobango - with strong partnerships with Telecom operators and media companies around the world. Mauj and Mobango together drive over one million downloads a day.
People Group has demonstrated consistent growth year-on-year and today operates with over 800 employees across 12 regional and 3 global offices. In addition, it operates 100 Shaadi Centers in 87 Indian cities.
People Group has won the Deloitte Fast 50 India Award for 3 consecutive years as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Award. It is a recipient of the prestigious Red Herring 100 Asia Award and the Emerging India Award held by CNBC. People Group has also been voted as one of the Top 10 marketers in India by Business Today. People Group won the IT People Award for Excellence in Information Technology and was also selected as one of the Top 10 marketers in the country by Business Today.
Investors in People Group include Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, Silicon Valley Bank and Citibank.
Title - Assistant Product Manager
- He/She will be primarily responsible for superior consumer experience and consumer marketing on all People Interactive services through strategic product planning and development.
- He/She would provide input into everything from product development to product marketing and would be the champion and owner of the discipline as well as various brands.
- Product strategy & planning Overall responsibility for product planning, product positioning, product development and structure for the relevant products.
- Creating specifications and managing the implementation Gathering and synthesizing product requirements, driving product teams and schedules, and being the champion for product integration issues. Working closely with the research, design, production, quality assurance and SEO teams to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
- Brand Management Providing input for all advertising and marketing.
- Providing direction & growth Identifying and managing new developments and enhancements to the current product line to meet market demands.
- Achieving organizational goals Brainstorming with senior management to determine future direction and growth of makaan.com. Working with business development, customer support, and marketing to drive the accomplishment of organisational goals.
- Documentation Maintaining all documentation that pertains to the above responsibilities.
- Reporting Reporting activities on a periodic basis.
- MBA with a focus on marketing and/or strategic management (exceptions will be made if backed by adequate experience)
- Strong understanding of customer psychology, behaviour and expectations, specially online customers
- Experience with brand management and consumer marketing
- Familiarity with internet technology and web development processes a degree or diploma in IT is a definite advantage
- Highly developed analytical skills
- A motivated self-starter with strong leadership, team-management and mentoring skills
- Very strong writing & communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and ability to research and organize
- Problem-solving, innovation skills and creativity are a must
- Fluency with several of the following software Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- At least 4 years full-time work experience, of which, at least 2 years in the Internet industry preferably working with a consumer facing company.
Good to have
- MBA from top B School
- Experience in managing Internet based consumer products or services is an advantage
- Delhi / NCR based
Please send your resume to email@example.com