Client Company - Leading FMCG Consumer Goods Company
Area Sales Manager:
- Meet the sales and distribution targets by effective implementation of area sales & development plans.
- Develop Sales forecast for all categories based on trends.
- Develop channel sales strategy for the geography assigned in consultation with RM.
- Define allocation of sales targets to the different territories in consultation with RM based on clear understanding of calendar of inputs/market growth/category growth.
- Plan and achieve distribution expansion as per budget plans.
- Stocks and logistics planning for the area.
- Oversee smooth roll out of ATM plans in his area as per schedule planned with respect to Superstockist appointments and RS consolidation.
- Ensure distributor claims are settled in time by proper scrutiny and on the filed verification.
- Ensure retention of agreed ROI for the distributors.
- Implement sales strategy to achieve targets through analysis of Nielson & internal data of various markets.
- Develop distribution strategy in line with changing channel mix.
- Track availability of required manpower at RSs as per plan and monitor their performance and highlight deviations of norms to RM.
- Execute and track distribution expansion by class of towns, type of OLs and category as per plan and take corrective action, wherever required.
- Execute distributor MIS packages and ensure requisite compliance from the distributors as per agreed time lines.
- Build trust and relationship with key A/Cs including Modern Trade and Company by providing clarity and solutions to any issue raised by them within a reasonable time frame.
- Work very closely with Regional Trade Marketing /Key Account teams in management of schemes/promotions/contests being run to promote company brand.
- Plan for new product launches by channel based on thorough understanding of category and distribution objectives for the products to be launched.
- Ensure trade spends are kept within budget.
- Ensure trade spends are spent for the purpose for which it is originally allocated.
- Execute merchandising strategy by channels and ensure shelf share greater than market for Tier 1 SKUs
- Execute merchandising strategy by category and ensure shelf presence as per defined standards.
- Ensure targeted productivity norms for channels and by category.
- Ensure the trade execution of new products launches as per plan to achieve 80% weighted distribution within the agree timelines.
- Assess and analyze impact of trade promotions/schemes/contests being run by the regions and communicate feedback to regional manager and trade marketing team.
- Track & report activities of competition. Develop strong market intelligence and monitor competitor activities on trade channel related matters and proactively provide feedback to Trade Marketing
- Track new product launch progress and report to TMM/Mktg/RMs with qualitative observations. Assimilating / recording are information.
People Management & Development
- Work closely with the field sales team, train and develop them.
- Build and develop team. Enhance team motivation and productivity levels.
- Train key account TSIs /EFFs / Merchandisers etc periodically.
- Train people on the ground and ensure on the field execution of all sales training inputs.
- Help recruit for field sales positions by identifying potential candidates in the field.
- Responsible for Performance and Career development of his team of TSI’s, SO’s.
- Responsible for Relationship building in his area.
- Complaint handling.
- Redistribution Stockist or Super distributors Management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor Degree or MBA
Age: 27 - 32 Yrs
- Must have 2-3 Yrs years post MBA of Sales experience in General Trade for FMCG- Consumer goods companies in Modern Trade.
- Must be a Premier B Schools 2008 batch pass out
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org