Job Title: Area Sales Manager -Trade
Reports to: Zonal Manger
Direct Reports: Sales Officers / Senior Sales Officer / Depot Head
Other Reporting Lines: N.A
Please include an org chart as attachment Annexure attached
Reason for Proposal (kindly limit to a maximum of four)
- Manage the sales team to implement plans for the assigned area.
- Deliver value growth and market share gains with OD and discounts in control
- Drive channel architecture and metrics
- Demand generation and channel expansion
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities (kindly limit to a maximum of eight)
1.Formulate product-wise monthly sales and collection plans for his area and motivate his team to deliver plans on Value growth and within specified discount and credit norms
2.Ensures that objectives laid out by the organization are delivered for the assigned geography :
b.Managing delivery of High Potential Key Retailer Plans / Channel Expansion Plans / Fortress Company Plans
c.Billing to adequate number of accounts per sales personnel and Range Selling
e.Ensuring all accounts are working to optimum capacity
3.Maintain and nourish strategic relationship with key channel partners for greater stock uptake and to garner market intelligence.
4.Implement Town/cluster specific demand Generation activities to enhance brand preference among influencers/consumers as also implement National / Regional DG Initiatives.
5.Adhere to the laid down sales processes in respect of :
- Inviolable Controls
- PDR (Plan -do-review)
- PJP (Permanent Journey Plans)
- DSR (Daily Sales Reports)
- Sales Forecast
- Customer Service (CSO – Telecaller –C&F Manager)
To ensure standardization of processes for effective sales strategy execution
6.Drive timely completion of Performance Management exercise and identify the training and development needs of the team.
Key Figures(please include relevant / applicable financial data)
Sales - 21.5 – 35 Cr
Headcount - 6-8
Discounts - 6% of gross sale
(*Latest View is an estimated full year financial figure)
Functional Responsibilities/Network (kindly limit to a maximum of five)
- Interaction with the Regional Logistics Manager on depot operation and supplies
- Interaction with the Regional Trade Marketing Manager on demand generation and activation plans
- Interaction with the Regional Commercial Manager and Accounts department
- Interaction with the Regional Human Resource Manager for all HR requirements.
Job Context (the Nature & Scope of the Business)
Company is the world’s largest coatings company with a turnover of € 15 Billion. The India South Asia business unit has access to world class products, processes and technologies. The India business has recently embarked on scripting an aggressive strategy, which aims at doubling the turnover over the next 3 years.
However, there are significant gaps in various product markets and distribution, which need an approach, which is different than the classical way to build existing markets and products. Hence, the incumbent is required to incubate, develop and nurture new ideas with the intent of delivering breakthrough growth.
Key Success Factors (please include up to 3 Success Factors that are critical for this role)
1.Enhance Customer Experience: The incumbent should enhance the relationships with their customers by exploring innovative ways to meet their needs. They should work hard to focus on the success of their customers and become their trusted partners
2.Drive Commercial success: The incumbent should be driven to add value. They should develop new and improved ways for business success and measure their achievements in financial terms e.g. budgets, cost, EVA.
3.Develop Your Team: The incumbent should drive growth and improvement through people development. They should regularly coach and develop team members and are ready to listen and advise. They should take responsibility as a leader to hire and develop talent not
Functional Competencies (if known/defined, please include main functional competences required for the role)
1.Functional Excellence: Adds functional value to business, understands the industry and job, applies new concepts, stays current in the field strong understanding of distributors.
2.Business Acumen: Knows how business works, is able to connect business to the functional role, and understands competition’s strengths and weaknesses.
3.Strong Interpersonal Effectiveness: Creates a climate in which people are motivated to perform, empowers others, encourages direct and tough debate, seeks feedback from others
Other skills (please include other relevant information such as education, necessary experience, etc)
- MBA from a premier B school -2007-2008 Batch or MBA from a non-premier B school with an experience of minimum 4 years in industries like Paints, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Building material, Lubes etc
- Experience in sales roles displaying achievement of high growth rates in intensely competitive markets with the help of strong systems and process orientation
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Kavita A Jain