Lead Technical Architect with Healthcare/Pharma and .Net background only.
Provides broad technical leadership and influence within and across organizations for both strategic and tactical projects. Works with internal organizations to develop and communicate a vision of how Target can take advantage of changing technologies and exploit their potential to support the business goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands Target’s business and technical environments. Assists teams in resolving complex business challenges via technical solutions. Assesses new technology to determine viability and applicability to Target’s business and technical environments. Evaluates total cost of ownership for tactical and strategic solutions.
- Engages the technical staff and Enterprise Architecture to set technical direction across pyramids and across platforms.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture and technical staffs to drive technology life cycle management by understanding relevant technology states and by making recommendations for timely technology evolution. Provides input to support technology planning.
- Provides technical leadership on large scale, complex projects. Assists in assessing and filling resource needs and building processes to support new technologies. Collaborates with teams across the organization to evaluate fit, promote re-use and develop consistent processes.
- Develops enterprise standards and promotes adoption of best practices and repeatable processes.
- Builds consensus and negotiates with team members at all levels to drive the use of enterprise solutions. Effectively articulates the rational behind architectural decisions.
- Stays current with vendor capabilities by evaluating vendor products and preparing recommendations for implementations that solve a business challenge. Partners in managing key vendor relationships and leverages relationships with strategic vendors in order to best achieve Target's business objectives.
- When evaluating new technologies, explains the business value and compares alternatives. Communicates with key partners to explain options and alternatives and make recommendations.
- Identifies and escalates issues, and when necessary, pulls appropriate teams together to solve broad business and technical challenges.
- Adds value to the organization through strong leadership and communication skills and by using broad technical knowledge that draws upon diverse experiences
- Establishes relationships across the organization to help facilitate strategies/plans with a technical emphasis. Communicates project status ensuring the team is on track to satisfy client expectations.
- Establishes formal mentoring relationships with team members. Participates in the selection and assessment of technical talent in the organization to identify and develop technical leadership backups.
- Works under the direction of a Director or Vice President.
- Maintains a close working relationship with technical architects to provide a consistent vision for technology services and to have an enterprise approach to technical solutions.
- Acts as a key contact with Enterprise Architecture.
- May provide work direction to technical resources as a part of a project or in an ongoing leadership role.
- May supervise contract technical resources as a part of a project or in an ongoing leadership role.
- Develops strong working relationships with vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Continuing education to maintain thorough
- Health care/ Pharma and .Net experience Mandatory.
knowledge of technical domains along with staying current in latest technologies.
- 10-12 years of experience in technology development or services.
- 2-3 years of experience in strategic planning and setting technical direction.
- Has demonstrated success in solving complex technical problems.
- Has demonstrated success in more than one technical and functional area.
- Has demonstrated success in providing enterprise technical direction.
- Has the ability to understand business fundamentals and how technologies can support business goals along with how to translate business vision into a technical strategy while understanding the financial implications.
- Has proven success in multiple phases of a project or initiative (i.e., not just making recommendations but actually bringing about results).
- Has proven leadership capabilities, including the ability to influence others, interpersonal skills, problems solving skills, and reasoning and analytical skills.
- Strong team player who understands concepts of teamwork and team effectiveness.
- Has excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills to convey complex technical solutions clearly to an organization.
- Has excellent planning and organizational skills. Maintains confidentiality regarding information.
- Advanced technical certifications
- Advanced degree, Masters or PHD
- Retail business experience
Please mail your resume to Jagadamba.B@target.com
Talent Acquisition Team
|Target Corporation India Private Limited| C - 2 |II Floor |Manyata Embassy Business Park Ltd – SEZ Unit |Rachanahalli |Nagawara Village | Outer Ring Road |Hebbal |Bangalore-560 045 |080-42182194. Cell - 9880041488
SEE YOURSELF HERE
www.target.com/india - Visit the site for more information about careers with TARGET
$64.9 billion revenue, Fortune 28 Company with aggressive growth plans.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA and now in Bangalore India.
1,740 Target Stores in 47 States, 26 Regional Distribution Centers, 4 Import Warehouses & 1 Target.com Distribution Center.
Charitable company giving 5% of income, $3 million a week, to the communities we serve.
Target ranks 15th on Boston Consulting Group's list of "World's Most Innovative Companies List" – Business Week 2006.
Named "Top 100 Employer of Women" – Fortune 2006.
Target ranks 11th, "America's Most Admired Companies." - Forbes 2008.
Number 1 corporate sponsor of INROADS nationwide, including 200 interns at our HQ – INROADS 2006.