We are looking for AGM/DGM - Electrical (Power Plant) for a multinational US$ 29 billion conglomerate based at Dahej, Gujrat. The candidate will be handling a CPP.
Our Client is a multinational conglomerate based in Mumbai, India with operations in 25 countries including Thailand, Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Egypt, Canada, Australia, China, USA, UK, Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Vietnam and Korea. Our Client is US$ 29 billion conglomerate which gets most of its revenues from outside India. The group is a major player in all the industry sectors it operates in
Location - Dahej, Gujrat
Educational Qualification : BE / B.Tech (Electrical ) from recognized Institutes/ Colleges ONLY (first Class division Holders Only)
Salary - 15-25 L (Nego)
Experience - Relevant Experience 12+ yrs
Candidate should have exp Thermal Based power Plant ( CPP- Captive Power Plant ) experience in Switch Gear , Grid Power both Export and Import , MRSS from where the Power is generated .
- Responsible for management, co-ordination, execution of operation & maintenance of electrical equipment & electrical distribution network & upcoming projects in assigned areas which accounts for nearly 40% of plant systems.
- To maximise plant availability at budgeted cost ensuring safety & environment standards.
- Also overseeing the electrical projects & its timely completion, meeting overall company objectives & goals, manage load on internal generating system versus GEB drawl in case of emergency.
Job Context & Major Challenges
(What are the specific aspects of the job that provide a challenge to the jobholder in the context of the Unit/Zone?)
The unit has every conceivable type of Electrical Equipment coming from different Technology Suppliers & of different makes. The electrical system is the key parameter in the production of plants hence operation and maintenance of Electrical equipment need to be ensured for overall productivity of the plant. The major equipments managed are 220 KV HT switchgears, Generators up to 24.5 MW, HT motors up to 7.5 MW, HT distribution network from 3.3 KV to 11 KV, sophisticated protection relays, AC & DC drives etc.
The area assigned comprises of complex operation as well as manufacturing of acid & acid products and generation of electricity. The very nature of operating systems involving wide fluctuation in operating parameters, load demand, hot & dusty operating conditions combined with coastal location, large material handling system calls for extraordinary vigilance, checks & monitoring on continuous basis, faster response & cost optimization. In generation of electricity is very vital to our organisation as it determines the profitability of operation. Any abnormality even for short duration disturbs the budgeted cost of production.
- Harmonizing the different Electrical technologies with coming projects.
- Providing efficient performance for conservation of energy & trouble free operation in adverse environment having acidic fumes, heat, dust & highly corrosive environment.
- Monitoring of large number of HT equipments.
- Maintaining the 220 KV substation in a very harsh environment warrants very meticulous planning and vigilance.
- Up gradation of control equipment in light of fast obsolesce.
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment in Highly Corrosive, Coastal environment and especially as pyro-metallurgical plants are having large furnaces, dust handling system and electrical components/cards.
- Insulation monitoring of the electrical equipments.
- Inspection and maintaining the street lighting especially during the rainy season.
If the above profile suits you, please forward your updated resume at email@example.com alongwith
Relevant Exp (CPP , Power plant) No. of Yrs
Ed Qualification , Year, Institute and %
Current CTC (Fixed + Variable)
Willing to Relocate to Dahej
Have you worked with/ applied for HINDALCO / Aditya Birla Group or interviewed earlier (Y/N)
Wize Careers Consultant